California Urban Forests Council and Urban Ecos partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation to expand their new Energy Saving Trees program so that groups--large and small--throughout California could run shade tree programs with little effort and no start-up costs, only the cost of the trees. We call the program California EnerTrees.
Urban Ecos provided the following:
- Analysis of existing shade tree programs across the country
- Oversight of the analysis of Marin's urban forest by the US Forest Service and San Francisco State University
- Report on the urban forest of Marin County
- Oversight of the development of the new component of the Energy Saving Trees website
- Step by step guide to creating an EnerTrees program
You'll find a summary of the project here.